This is a work in progress, if you have additions / corrections please edit directly, or contact Donald Dansereau
Local Seminar Series
Sydney Basser Seminar Series
- ~4 seminars, distinguished lectures, fireside chats monthly
- Signup for newsletter / announcements here: https://www.sydney.edu.au/nano/news/events.html
Collaborative Decision Making Reading Group (CDMRG)
Topic: Collaborative decision making reading group (CDMRG), multi-robot systems and active perception.
Format: Weekly, one-hour discussion over a latest journal issue (IJRR, TRO, JFR, RAL, Autonomous Robots, etc.) followed by an in-depth presentation on a particular paper by a member.
Membership: Joint reading group between UTS and ACFR, welcoming researchers at every level from both institutions.
Organisers: Supervised by Robert Fitch, meetings organized by Jen Wakulicz.
Location: Hybrid online via zoom / in-person at alternating locations.
Joining: Contact Jen Wakulicz Jennifer.Wakulicz@student.uts.edu.au to join.
Machine Learning Reading Group
- Topic: Machine learning with a special focus on methods with potential applications to robotics
- Format: Weekly meetings.
- Location: Hybrid online via zoom / in person at Room 538, Level 5 West, J12 (School of Computer Science)
- Organisers: Fabio Ramos, Rafael Oliveira
- Joining: Contact Rafael Oliveira firstname.lastname@example.org to join; mailing list: https://mailman.sydney.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/machinelearning
CAS Perception Reading Group
- Topic: Sensing, Perception, SLAM. Visual, Visual / Inertial, RGBD, hyperspectral, magnetic sensing. Tracking in Rigid and Non-rigid scenarios. Scene representation to aid SLAM or Manipulation and integration of Deep Learning into probabilistic frameworks.
- Format: Weekly discussion of state of the art papers is mixed with presentations of students work.
- Location: Online via zoom.
- Organisers: Raphael Guenot-Falque, Alen Alempijevic
- Joining: Contact Alen Alempijevic Alen.Alempijevic@uts.edu.au
Robotic Imaging Reading Group (ImgRG)
- Topic: Robotic imaging including related computational imaging techniques, robotic vision and vision-based learning.
- Format: Weekly meetings: For more details: https://github.com/RoboticImaging/ImgRG/
- Location: Hybrid online via zoom / in person at J04 Conference Room, ACFR.
- Organisers: Dr. Donald Dansereau, Ryan Griffiths
- Joining: Contact Ryan Griffiths email@example.com to join; mailing list: http://lists.acfr.usyd.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/imgrg
Online Seminar Series
International Foundation of Robotics Research: Global online colloquia and recorded talks
Imaging and Perception
Warren Grundfest Lectures in Computational Imaging - First Friday of Each Month
Sydney Early-Mid Career Academic Network (SEMCAN), Faculty of Engineering Community